This privacy statement gives you information on the personal information we collect and process for and in relation to the activities of Galerie Marzee.
Who we are?
Lage Markt 3
6511 VK Nijmegen
What information do we collect?
- When visiting our website we do not collect personal data unless you register as a user in which case we are able to identify you by your username. We do not track which pages you visit or any other information other than the items you add to the shopping basket.
- When you register to our newsletter we ask you to fill in your name and e-mail address. You are not obliged to fill out your name but in order to send you our newsletter we need to process your e-mail address.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
How do we use personal information?
- If you are a customer of Galerie Marzee and you receive goods from us by mail, we store your name and address and if necessary your payment details. As an existing customer we may inform you on similar products you bought from us for instance via our newsletter unless you unregister from receiving this newsletter. Unregistering from our newsletter does not imply we delete your personal data for other legitimate business purposes.
- If you consent in receiving our newsletter we keep you informed of our exhibitions and other information relating to Galerie Marzee or the (work of) artists we represent.
- When a piece of art is being sold, we might want to keep track of that artwork and who owns it in order to be able to contact you when we organise important exhibitions of an artist. We will ask for your explicit consent if we like to keep this information in our records for this purpose. If an artwork is being acquired by a museum or a public collection we share this information with the artist.
- In some cases, we are obliged by law to register details of cash transactions in order to prevent fraud or laundering.
- Your personal information is not being shared in any other way with third parties unless we have a statutory obligation to do so.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
- We process your data when sending you an invoice of which we keep a record for legitimate business purposes and to fulfil our (legal) obligation to maintain accurate records of sales.
- We can send you newsletters with your consent. You can retract your consent at any time by following the link in the newsletter in which case the information stored for the purpose of sending you newsletters is being deleted from our records.
When do we share personal data?
- When we act as an intermediary between you and the artist for the sale of an artwork we can provide the artist with your name in relation to the artwork you acquired or intend to acquire.
Where do we store and process personal data?
- Your personal information which is needed for regular legitimate business purposes is being stored and processed on a secure server in The Netherlands.
- Your name and email-address for sending you newsletters are being stored and processed on a secure Amazon-server which is located in the European Economic Area.
How do we secure personal data?
- Your personal information is being stored on servers within the European Economic Area implementing up-to-date security measures.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
- Depending on the purpose for which we process your personal data we delete your personal data if they are no longer needed for a legitimate business purpose or we no longer have a legal obligation to keep your personal data in our records.
Your rights in relation to personal data
You have various rights in relation to your personal information. In particular, you have a right to:
- Obtain confirmation that we are processing your personal information and request a copy of the personal information we keep about you.
- Ask that we update the personal information we hold about you, or correct such information that you think is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Ask that we delete personal information that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such information.
- Object to our processing of your personal information.
To exercise any of your rights or raise any questions that you have about our use of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also use this address if you wish to make a complaint relating to your personal information or privacy.
If you are unsatisfied with the way we have handled your personal information or any privacy query or request that you have raised to us, you have a right to complain to an EU Data Protection Authority (“DPA”).
Version: 25 May 2018